Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for contemporary architecture and a sparkling nightlife scene and extravagance shopping. Dubai is an inspiring alchemy of insightful traditions and motivated futuristic vision. This information will guide you with innumerable things to do when in Dubai.
PursueAsia Internship Program also has city tour included in the package for its interns. To explore and travel in Dubai is exciting and fun. Dubai tourism has largely grown and sees enormous tourists every year, particularly in the month of December and January.
Places to Visit in Dubai
These are the epic places to visit in Dubai if you are travelling to the country for the first time.
Standing 828m high, the BurjKhalifa is hard to overlook. The world's tallest tower dominates the Dubai skyline, but the true majesty of the building is best appreciated up close.
The Dubai Mall
Along with its more than 1200 stores and 150 restaurants, the Dubai mall is home to an indoor theme park, an ice rink, a huge indoor waterfall, a designed fountain and an enormous aquarium and underwater zoo!
Palm Jumeirah is one of the largest artificial islands in the world and a success of human inventiveness. Locals and tourists alike enjoy the Palm's vast array of high-end hotels, including the Fairmont, One & Only, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and, perhaps most remarkably, the iconic Atlantis, The Palm.
Take a desert safari Dubai-style with dune bashing, quad biking and sand boarding followed by traditional barbeques, belly dancing, scrumptious dinners and camel rides.
Sun-seekers come to this energetic seashore to party in Dubai's bright rays, while water sports enthusiasts take benefit of the tranquil turquoise waters of the Persian Gulf.
Gold and spice souks
The Gold Souk is one of the most celebrated gold jewelry trading centers in the world. The pungent Spice Souk has flavors from across the globe, including cinnamon, ginger and chili.
Food of Dubai
- Iranian Sangak is a delight that effortlessly paves its way into the list of the best Dubai cuisines. This Iranian leavened flatbread made out of whole wheat is served plain or rectangular in shape with cheese and curry.
- Chelo Kabab Aromatic saffron - scented basmati rice served with a pat of butter on kebabs
- Tabbouleh is a salad, made from tomatoes, green onions and cucumber and is seasoned with fresh mint and lemon juice.
- Falafel, a deep-fried ball or patty made out of ground chickpeas or fava beans, is a delight to eat.
- Manousheh - the local pizza is an apt choice for the piquant taste buds and proves to be a perfect pick for a luscious breakfast.
- Very famous old Palestinian bread, Taboon Bread is extra delicious when served with olive oil and thyme.
- A traditional Arabian fragrant rice dish with chicken, 'kabsa' is a very popular cuisine in the Arabian countries.
Souvenirs of Dubai
Dubai is a shoppers' paradise!! Among the top items purchased from Dubai, attractive and delicate Pashminas are the foremost, also one of the recommended souvenirs of Dubai. In addition, carpets from Iran, Persia and Cashmere are the pride of Dubai malls and souks.
The city offers duty free gold jewelry that is of high quality and is relatively cheaper. The enthralling fragrances of Oudh & Bakhoor are usually titled as the 'Fragrances of Dubai', as they are unique to identify and to associate with great royal dynasties of Dubai.